Water Filter station Modrac was built in 1969‘s based on license from Ansaldo-Italy.
Major objective of the plant is production of:
- Decarbonized water for technological demand of the plant (by usages of lime stone milk like softener and Aluminum sulphate like flocculent)
- Potable water required for the Municipality (water from the wells)
Decarbonization unit has a three line with capacity of 350 m³/h of water each. Process consist of the following activities:
- Adding of limestone milk in to the raw water with aim to eliminate carbonates. This process reduce water hardness (preventing incrustation in to pipelines)
- Adding of Aluminium Sulphate with aim to bound flocules to speed up sedimentation of the sludge
- Decantation of the sludge
- Water Filtration (sand filters).
System for Potable water production has a capacity of 2000-2500 m³/day. System for Potable water production contains 17 wells, a water disinfection unit (NaHOCl) and a water pumping station.